Moving to or Within Martin County ?
Call White Glove Moving Storage & Delivery for a Free Moving Estimate at 866-456-8310.
Voted America’s Happiest Seaside Towns in 2016 by Coastal Living, Martin County is a great place to live and work.
Martin County was created in 1925 with the northern portion coming from St. Lucie County and southern portion coming from Palm Beach County. It was named for John W. Martin, Governor of Florida from 1925 to 1929. The unusual feature of the point of the meeting of five counties in the largest freshwater body of water in the South may be the only one of its kind.
Attractions for the area include:
- Audubon of Martin County: Possum Long Nature Center, Palm Beach Road, Stuart
- Elliott Museum on Hutchinson Island
- Jonathan Dickinson State Park in South Martin County
- Martin County Fair held every February.
- Martin County Public Beaches:
- Hobe Sound Public Beach on Jupiter Island
- Jensen Sea Turtle Beach, Stuart Beach and many beach strips on Hutchinson Island.
- Savannas Preserve State Park (extends into St. Lucie County)
- St. Lucie Inlet Preserve State Park on Long Island east of Port Salerno and north of Jupiter Island